Little League Baseball
- Monty McCoy
The age group for the teams are broken down as follows:
- Age 3-4
- Age 5-6
- Age 9-10
- Age 11-12
Sign up for this year’s league has just been completed. From within our community and the surrounding area we have 127 youths that have signed up to participate in this organized, regionally recognized after school sport. That is an increase in enrollment of approximately 20 additional kids over 2010 season. The Logansport Little League draws players from several surrounding communities. For example we have several parents that joined this year from the North DeSoto Team.
- Registration per player is $70.00. The parents purchase the cleats and ball glove for each child.
- From the entry fee paid the League purchases the team uniform. The remaining funds are used to refurbish equipment and purchase buckets of balls etc.
- The Logansport Little League has purchased and paid for the building used for concessions. They have also installed a batters cage with the assistance of local Oil & Gas Companies with the welding and other needed tasks.
The Logansport Little League relies on the business community to sponsor individual teams. If you or someone you know would like to sponsor a little league team please contact one of the LL Coaches above. (Sponsor Form). The Sponsor Fee per team is $250.00 a team. (If there is a certain team you would like to sponsor please indicate the name of the team or the person who will be coaching the team.)
- Hang Sign Sponsor
Sponsors are also needed for our Signage displayed on the fields when we play. A new sign is $300.00. Please provide a business card or what you would like to be printed on the sign.
A returning sign sponsor who already has an existing sign pays $100.00 each season to renew the sponsorship.
Some Little League Fun Facts
- The T-Ball home plate to outfield is 8’
- 7-8 yr Bracket pitching mound to home plate is 46’
- Home plate to outfield fence is 200’
- 11-12 pitching mound to home plate is 55’
- Home plate to outfield fence is 300 (almost like high school at 390)
- 13-14 same as above
- Girls do not use the pitching mound.
The Logansport Little League is totally funded by the Families of players through the registration fees collected, fund raisers, and concession receipts. If you or a business has an interest in helping with field maintenance during the playing season, ongoing field improvements or projects needed to improve the playing fields, upgrade the field for the safety of the players or would like to become a volunteer or work with the Logansport Little League, please contact Monty McCoy or one of the coaches shown above.